International cooperation of APCU – “Global Industry Position on the use of INCI Nomenclature”
Association of Perfumery and Cosmetics of Ukraine is a member of the International Association Collaboration (IAC) since 2017. IAC unites cosmetic associations around the world
Association of Perfumery and Cosmetics of Ukraine is a member of the International Association Collaboration (IAC) since 2017. IAC unites cosmetic associations around the world in the project Global cosmetics and personal care Industry. This cooperation helps to solve both the issues of the industry community in Ukraine and global issues of the entire cosmetics industry.
ABIHPEC (Brazilian Association of Personal Care, Perfumery and Cosmetics) asked the IAC to support their appeal to the competent authorities regarding the need to label cosmetic ingredients exclusively in accordance with the INCI nomenclature, due to the fact that the National Health Monitoring Agency of Brazil (Anvisa) has published a resolution forcing companies that sell cosmetics to include an additional translation of ingredients in Portuguese.
We will remind that INCI (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients) is used worldwide to inform the composition of cosmetics on the labels of cosmetic products.
In the “Global Industry Position on the use of INCI Nomenclature” specified benefits of adopting the INCI nomenclature for consumers, regulators and healthcare providers, such as:
- Agility, precision and clarity in the identification of ingredients;
- Ease of locating information and guidance for consumers, health professionals and health surveillance.
- Elimination of confusion between synonyms and different chemical terminologies;
- The use of the INCI name in the common nomenclature is of prime importance as it helps to ensure transparency;
- The standardization obtained with the adoption of the INCI nomenclature can facilitate the identification of ingredients and speed up the location of information in the technical-scientific literature and in reference compendiums
APСU fully supports this appeal and the importance of using the single INCI nomenclature for the labeling of cosmetic ingredients.
We offer you to get acquainted in more detail with the official appeal: